Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You Smell So Good!

I've been told that I smell really nice in the most bizarre way ever. I was at the airport and waiting in line for security checks, and as usual, since I wear loose clothing and a headscarf, I get "special treatment". 

Giant African-American Lady Officer (GAALO): (while patting me all over) Mmmmmm you smell so good! What do you use? 
Me: (mind goes blank and starts mumbling 'cos it's 5 a.m.) Ermthanksithinkitisjasmine
GAALO: Jasmine
Me: (attempts to wave it off nonchalantly) Oh yeah, you can't get it over here. 
GAALO: Can I pat your head and your neck?
Me: O_O Yeah I guess.
GAALO: (nods cheerfully) Mmmmm ok you're done! Have a nice day! 
Me: Ermthanksyoutoo. (scrambles to take all of my stuff and get out of there as quickly as possible)

She's a really nice lady. Please don't tell her that I didn't have time to shower before rushing to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment